South Korea is one of most beautiful countries in Asia that has maintained its traditional and impressive history while embracing the new and convenience of the modern technology. Here are some of the place you would not want to miss out when during your travel to Korea.
- First is of course the capital of South Korea, Seoul. Seoul is a very vibrant and modern city that lives up to that “24 hours party” tag. It has gorgeous city parks, cultural landmarks and tasteful design all around the city that can compare to other popular cities in the world. However, even with its modern side, this city is still full of history having five major palaces like the Changdeokgung Palace and Gyeongbokgung Palace.
- The second place to visit is Busan. Busan is Korea’s second biggest city. Busan has mix of different areas to visit such as tropical beaches, majestic mountains and ancient Budhist temples. This city is also very famous for its delicious seafood cuisine.
- Next is Jeju Island. It lies about 85km off the coast of South Korea. In the island, you’ll find exquisite botanical gardens, sandy beaches and lava caves. You can also find there the O’Sulloc Tea Museum, where you can learn about South Korea’s famous traditional tea culture.
- Andong is the next destination in our list. This place is not only for the curious travelers who would love to enjoy the spiritual authenticity that this city has to offer, but it is could also be favorite spot for the foodies who will be be able to enjoy the local specialties such as the famed chicken and noodle dish called jjimdak. In addition, drink enthusiasts would also love this place as it is home to the famous alcohol called “soju” which is considered as the country’s national drink traditionally made from rice. The Andong Hahoe Folk Village is also must to visit as it is deemed to be the main attraction of the city because of its local cultural heritage being preserved and shared with the visitors.
- Last but not the least is the former capital of the country’s ancient kingdom, Gyeongju. Another spot for those who are inspired by the culture of a country, this place posses a vast selection of historical attractions where you will be able to find plenty of ruins, relics and ancient sites. Another location that can be a highlight of your visit is the Bulgu-sa Temple Tumuli Park and Anapji Pond that are listed in the UNESCO World Heritage. Visiting would offer the visitors to have a relaxing retreat from their worries and also of the city life.
The places mentioned are not only for the reason of being inspired to visit Korea and include it in the “Must visit places” bucket list that you have, but can also served as an itinerary for families or couples that are looking for places that can give them the experience that they can keep in their memories and strengthen their bond with their love ones since travelling is an activity that can truly bring people together and closer. I hope you guys will get inspired by these sites to one day visit Korea or to put them on your travel plan next time you visit Korea. Thank you!